We all spend endless amounts of time skimming content – and your audience is no different. We continue to scroll through our social media pages until something catches our eye. But how do we catch the viewer’s attention?
On this edition of The Manly Pinterest Tips Show, adventurer Denise Wakeman, a Los Angeles native, took a break from her many travel adventures to share with us the importance of microcontent.
Denise loves trying new things, and has been in social media since the dawn of Myspace. Now she runs a show called Adventures in Visibility and a website where she helps entrepreneurs with their online marketing.
Being a jack of all trades in all things social media, it was easy to get her insight on using microcontent for all platforms. Whether you prefer graphics, videos, or posts, Denise gives you the tools you need to create audience-capturing content!
Here is a list of questions we discussed:
- How did you get started on social media? [1:55]
- What is microcontent? [5:27]
- Do you agree microcontent is skimmable? Should we focus our marketing on it? [6:48]
- Has your blogging style accommodated microcontent? [9:06]
- Is there a time or word limit on microcontent? [10:45]
- Is microcontent just on social media? [17:32]
- How does viral microcontent help businesses? [19:22]
- What tool do you use to create your images? [21:54]
- Do you always try to direct people to your site with images? [22:55]
- Do you think using microcontent to redirect your audience to something you already shared helpful? [27:34]
- How do you define evergreen? [29:15]
- Do you have suggestions for using Vine? [30:38]
- How can small businesses use microcontent without it just being ‘one more thing to do’? [31:58]
- What advice do you have for guys just starting on Pinterest? [35:15]
- Where can we find out more about you? [37:26]
Thanks For Watching And Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this week’s episode. Have questions or comments? Leave a message in the comment section below!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share it using the buttons at the top or bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Manly Pinterest Tips Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews mean a ton to podcasters and I would really appreciate it. They matter in how iTunes ranks the show and I honestly do read every one of them.
If you’d like to learn more about a certain topic or have something you’d like me to talk about during the show, feel free to contact me.
Thanks to Denise for being such a great guest. See you for the next episode where we’ll be adding testosterone, one pin at a time!