It’s incredible to have one social media superstar on a show. But what if there are two social media stars on the same show?
Would it break the Internet? Well, wonder no longer.
The Manly Pinterest Tips Show was proud to welcome two of the biggest names in social media, Guy Kawasaki and Peg Fitzpatrick, just as the duo’s book, Art of Social Media, hits bookshelves and the Web.
The duo work together at Canva, the online design tool by which many Pinterest users swear allegiance.
Peg, who has been on the Pinterest train since it was invite-only, has used her considerable clout in social media to connect like-minded people, as a marketing platform, and as a way to express her unique personality.
She also is the director of marketing and social media manager for Kreussler Inc., while also working as the editor-in-chief for the site 12 Most, a community of influential writers and business leaders who offer perspectives and solutions on business, social media, and just about anything else you can think of.
Guy has continually found himself in the eye of the zeitgeist, most notably as ‘chief evangelist’ for Apple, and as an advisor to Motorola’s business unit of Google, all the while becoming one of the most influential and engaging figures on the Internet.
Guy also has written What the Plus! Google+ for the Rest of Us, and APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur — How to Publish a Book. Fitzpatrick contributed to both of those efforts.
Here is a list of questions we discussed:
- What is the big picture of the Art of Social Media and who is for? (1:36)
- What are some examples of brands that are really doing social media right? (6:16)
- What is missing right now in social media? (9:26)
- Do you expect Pinterest to continue to grow? (11:32)
- Is it worth a small business’ time to be on Pinterest? (13:17)
- How often do you test new ideas? (14:32)
- Do you have a test schedule? (16:47)
- What are some Pinterest-specific techniques you’ve used to promote your book? (20:13)
- If you are marketing a personality, is OK to post on Pinterest personal photos of the personality? (25:10)
- How do you find shareable content? (27:19)
- What ratio do you use on Pinterest for curating verses creating content? (30:40)
- Was this book easier to write than APE (Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur-How to Publish a Book)? (33:17)
- Because social media platforms, will the Kindle edition include automatic updates? (34:20)
Thanks For Watching And Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this week’s episode. Have questions or comments? Leave a message in the comment section below!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share it using the buttons at the top or bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Manly Pinterest Tips Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews mean a ton to podcasters and I would really appreciate it. They matter in how iTunes ranks the show and I honestly do read every one of them.
If you’d like to learn more about a certain topic or have something you’d like me to talk about during the show, feel free to contact me.
Thanks to Peg and Guy for being such great guests. See you for the next episode where we’ll be adding testosterone, one pin at a time!