On the latest edition of the newly launched Manly Pinterest Tips Show, we welcome Pinterest marketing maven Vincent Ng.
Over the course of the half hour, we get down to the nitty-gritty details of exactly what makes Pinterest so valuable to both small and big businesses. Vincent offers practical tips and suggestions that the Pinterest novice and expert alike will find useful.
Vincent is a Pinterest marketing expert who heads MCNG Marketing, a leading interactive, digital and creative marketing agency located in Vancouver, British Columbia. His firm specializes in digital and creative advertising for small to medium size businesses.
Vincent has been involved with Pinterest since 2010, when the social media service was still in beta. Intrigued with Pinterest’s quick success right out of the gate, he has concentrated on finding ways to use the service to drive traffic and create sales opportunities for small businesses and bloggers.
His techniques have help companies like Orglamix, and individuals like gaming expert Yu Kai Chou, use Pinterest to yield incredible sales growth and search-term success.
Vincent’s book, Pinterest To Profits with Pintalysis, gives readers tons of helpful tips and strategies to boost your own Pinterest visibility.
He has contributed to several social media blogs, such as Top Dog Social Media, Social Media Examiner, Hello Society, and Tailwind, and is a regular guest on the popular Pinterest podcast, Oh So Pinteresting with Cynthia Sanchez.
Vincent hosts his own podcast as well, Pictures to Profits. On top of that, he will be launching at the end of August the Pintalysis Academy, his own online, on demand Pinterest marketing course.
Here is a list of questions we discussed:
- How did you get started in online marketing? (1:51)
- Out of all the other social networks, what initially drew you to Pinterest? (2:58)
- When you talk to clients, why do you recommend they take a look at Pinterest? (4:26)
- Is Pinterest important for businesses that aren’t visual? (5:36)
- How does search work in Pinterest? (7:24)
- What is Pinterest’s strategy behind guided search? (9:01)
- What is the best way for someone new to Pinterest to optimize his or her individual pins? Are there some best practices? (10:03)
- When you are creating a pin, how do you tie keywords to that pin? (11:51)
- Do you also recommend hashtags? (12:53)
- How long should descriptions be? (13:59)
- What are some tips to help optimize boards? (15:21)
- What are some other best practices when filling out a new board? (17:21)
- What are rich pins? (19:57)
- Are rich pins only for business accounts or can they be used by personal accounts too? (22:01)
- What about pinning to multiple boards but not floating streams? (23:02)
- Can Pinterest be used by small businesses? (25:53)
- How does Google use Pinterest? (27:41)
- What are some mistakes Vincent made when he first started using Pinterest? (29:56)
- What is a good manly tip for guys starting out on Pinterest (32:11)
Thanks For Watching And Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this week’s episode. Have questions or comments? Leave a message in the comment section below!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share it using the buttons at the top or bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Manly Pinterest Tips Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews mean a ton to podcasters and I would really appreciate it. They matter in how iTunes ranks the show and I honestly do read every one of them.
If you’d like to learn more about a certain topic or have something you’d like me to talk about during the show, feel free to contact me.
Thanks to Vincent for being such a great guest. See you for the next episode where we’ll be adding testosterone, one pin at a time!
[…] Podcast: Pinterest Search Engine Optimization […]