Not everyone who succeeds in social media started there. Ian Anderson Gray, the guest on this edition of The Manly Pinterest Tips Show, started out in Music College, training in classical singing, and ended up as a web developer and a digital marketing consultant.
Hailing from Manchester, UK, Gray has turned his passions for both music and technology into a reality. He is the co-founder of Select Performers Internet Solutions—a family run agency in the North West of England—and also a professional singer. On top of all that, he has found the time to run a blog called Seriously Social while embracing the life of being both a husband and a father.
Somehow, Gray managed to step away from his busy life, and his country, to fly over to the United States for Social Media Marketing World—a conference where Gray got to network and meet with various people, including myself.
On the show Gray shares his experiences from the conference as well as tips and tricks for social media, videos, and the various tools that can be used with them.
Here is a list of questions we discussed:
- How did it happen that you’re a professional singer as well as a social media superstar? [1:34]
- How much time do you spend singing today? [4:02]
- “What were your overall thoughts on the conference? [5:32]
- Do you think the conference is a good investment for small businesses? [8:13]
- What was your biggest takeaway from the conference? What would be a tip you could share that you learned there? [9:39]
- What are your thoughts on curating versus creating? [11:33]
- How much should we share online? Where do you draw the line? [16:30]
- Do you think that companies showing that they’re real people will be better for brands in the long run? [18:53]
- Do you see video as a huge thing you’re going to have to do if you’re going to succeed on social media? [21:00]
- What was the hardest thing for you when you started doing the videos? [22:39]
- “Do you think the Facebook video is huge? Did it surpass Youtube? [24:22]
- Do you pin your videos on Pintrest? [25:45]
- Are there any special tools you use for your videos? [26:26]
- Are there any other social media tools that are your favorite? [27:58]
- Why is Agorapulse rising so quickly? [29:19]
- Where’s the balance between the authenticity and trying to get your work done? [30:19]
- If you had unlimited money and resources to build your own social media tool, what would it be? [34:31]
- How does epic quality content affect us? [36:22]
- What does it take to stand out on Pintrest? [40:00]
- Do you have any advice for guys coming onto Pintrest? [42:33]
- Where can we find out more about you? [43:23]
Thanks For Watching And Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this week’s episode. Have questions or comments? Leave a message in the comment section below!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share it using the buttons at the top or bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Manly Pinterest Tips Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews mean a ton to podcasters and I would really appreciate it. They matter in how iTunes ranks the show and I honestly do read every one of them.
If you’d like to learn more about a certain topic or have something you’d like me to talk about during the show, feel free to contact me.
Thanks to Ian for being such a great guest. See you for the next episode where we’ll be adding testosterone, one pin at a time!