On this edition of The Manly Pinterest Tips Show, both Alisa Meredith and Ian Anderson Gray joined us for a great talk about the new release from Buffer for Pinterest. As much as we would have loved for Mike Allton to join us, we had some technical difficulties and he was unable to join.
Nonetheless, we moved on and had a great discussion with Alisa and Ian. While Ian described the more technical side of Buffer, Alisa explained related elements of Pinterest and how scheduling may affect your posts.
Alisa is a co-owner and senior inbound marketer at Scalable Social Media and a content marketing specialist at OverGo Studio. Her blog at Scalable Social Media is crammed with marketing and lead-generation tips.
Alisa, with her friend Kelly Kranz, just started a new podcast called Superheroes of Marketing, where they grill their guests to get out of them tons of great marketing advice.
Ian runs a social media blog called Seriously Social and is a web developer and digital marketing consultant. He is co-founder of Select Performers Internet Solutions – a family run web and digital marketing agency based in the North West of England.
While Buffer is not that new overall, the addition of Pinterest to its system is. Looking past the minor bugs, we were able to discuss when it’s best to schedule and when it’s best to organically post.
Here is a list of questions we discussed:
- What are your overall thoughts on Buffer for Pinterest? [1:35]
- What are your initial thoughts on Buffer for Pinterest, Ian? [2:55]
- What is your opinion on scheduling? [4:12]
- Does scheduling differ on each platform? [4:56]
- What is your ratio of organic and scheduled pins? [7:35]
- Do you have a ratio for organic vs scheduled? [9:04]
- Are you able to engage with more people with scheduling while you’re in the UK? [11:20]
- How do you think bloggers should use Buffer? [13:10]
- What issues did you see in the new Buffer? [15:02]
- Do you think Buffer will condition people to put poor pins into the feed? [17:11]
- Do you think there is something wrong with the Buffer shortener? [18:38]
- Why does scheduling a pin change the organic pins? [20:23]
- How do you suggest small businesses use Buffer? [21:24]
- Do you think a lot of people will sign up for the $10 a month Pinterest for scheduling? [23:02]
- Do you think Buffer is going to hurt Tailwind? [25:11]
- What advice would you give a small business owner wanting to schedule? [27:41]
Thanks For Watching And Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this week’s episode. Have questions or comments? Leave a message in the comment section below!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share it using the buttons at the top or bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Manly Pinterest Tips Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews mean a ton to podcasters and I would really appreciate it. They matter in how iTunes ranks the show and I honestly do read every one of them.
If you’d like to learn more about a certain topic or have something you’d like me to talk about during the show, feel free to contact me.
Thanks to Alisa and Ian for being such great guests. See you for the next episode where we’ll be adding testosterone, one pin at a time!