On the April 23rd 2015 edition of the Manly Pinterest Tips Show we had the pleasure of being joined by special guest Aaron Wood. Aaron Wood is a graphic designer who specializes in propaganda styled art that references to modern social media and pop culture. He also creates logos and book covers.
Inspired by his mother, Wood moved into Art College to fulfill the dream she never got to experience. Right out of college, Aaron worked for Lego as a Lego model builders before eventually moving on.
Residing in Massachusetts, when he’s not busy creating jaw dropping art, you can probably assume Aaron is cooking up a devious plot to score some delicious lobster.
During the show we discussed Wood’s Etsy shop, Just One Scarf and how he integrates selling online with Pinterest. We also discussed various marketing strategies such as scarcity marketing, inventory, pricing, and advertising as well.
Here is a list of questions we discussed:
- What types of graphic design do you do? [1:27]
- You were a model builders for Lego, right? [2:17]
- Why did you leave Lego? [2:31]
- How did you transition into graphic design? [3:23]
- What is your thought process when creating a logo for a client? [4:54]
- What is your strategy for selling online? [6:10]
- Who were the people that shared your work? [7:05]
- How many posters did you start with? [7:58]
- Have you always used retro styled art? [9:02]
- What kind of style are your Star Wars posters? [10:18]
- Do you ever feel stuck in your style? [10:59]
- Can you explain what an Etsy store offers? [12:17]
- What is the difference between Etsy and other ecommerce stores? [13:01]
- How do Etsy fees work? [14:14]
- How does shipping work on Etsy? [14:39]
- How do you price your items? [15:05]
- What is your strategy on scarcity marketing? [17:10]
- How many posters do you have now? [18:40]
- What is your strategy on your inventory? [19:39]
- How do you promote your store? [20:38]
- Do you do any special holiday items? [22:27]
- How often do you create new posters? [23:11]
- Have those live events made an impact on your store? [24:34]
- How do you use Pinterest and Etsy together? [25:41]
- Are you able to rotate which items shows up first? [26:45]
- Will Pinterest’s rumored ‘Buy It Now’ button hurt Etsy? [27:44]
- What is your Pinterest selling strategy? [29:33]
- What would you do different if you could start over on Etsy? [30:55]
- Did you get any push back from your customers when you raised the prices? [32:11]
- Do you have any advice for guys starting on Pinterest? [33:38]
- Where can we find out more about you and your services? [34:45]
Thanks For Watching And Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this week’s episode. Have questions or comments? Leave a message in the comment section below!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share it using the buttons at the top or bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Manly Pinterest Tips Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews mean a ton to podcasters and I would really appreciate it. They matter in how iTunes ranks the show and I honestly do read every one of them.
If you’d like to learn more about a certain topic or have something you’d like me to talk about during the show, feel free to contact me.
Thanks to Aaron for being such a great guest. See you for the next episode where we’ll be adding testosterone, one pin at a time!