Live video is everywhere on social media right now. Can it be more than just a novelty? In today’s show my guest, Ian Anderson Gray, and I discuss using live video in marketing.
Ian is a live video expert based near Manchester, U.K. He is the founder of Seriously Social a blog focused on social media tools. He is a speaker, teacher, trainer, and consultant. But, most importantly he has a passion for turning the techno-babble of social media marketing into plain English.
Even small businesses can use live video to make themselves stand out in the market place. Both Ian and I agree that the most important aspect of using live video in marketing is to offer content that has value. Does this take special software or hardware? We discuss these questions and more as we explore the latest in live video.
Here are the questions we discussed:
- With all the recent changes with live video and every social platform it seems getting on the live video bandwagon, where should a business start if they are interested in using live video. (2:39)
- We both were hesitant to get in front of a camera live. How can someone get over that fear? (4:38)
- What is live video perfect for? (8:03)
- Is there anything you can think of that you shouldn’t use live video for? (9:07)
- Do I need special software to do live video? (11:30)
- You and I both use Wirecast. Why do you use it instead of OBS? (15:14)
- What are some of the drawback of Wirecast? (23:12)
- Should you broadcast to every platform like we are doing or just concentrate on one? (20:00)
- Wirecast just released a new version that allows you to schedule upcoming live events on FB groups and Event pages. Why has that got people excited? (25:30)
- How do you promote your show? (29:50)
- Do you think we are approaching “content shock” for live video? 35:40)
- How do you repurpose your show? (37:50)
- What tools do you recommend for live video? Do you ever use something like a teleprompter? (39:42)
- Where do you think live video will be 3 months from now. (42:40)
- Where can they find you online and your course on live video? (47:02)
Thanks For Watching And Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this episode. Have questions or comments? Leave a message in the comment section below!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share it using the buttons at the top or bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Manly Pinterest Tips Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews mean a ton to podcasters and I would really appreciate it. They matter in how iTunes ranks the show and I honestly do read every one of them.
If you’d like to learn more about a certain topic or have something you’d like me to talk about during the show, feel free to contact me.
Thanks to Ian for being such a great guest. See you for the next episode where we’ll be adding testosterone, one pin at a time!