In social media, followers are the name of the game. So, have you ever wondered how some people can get so many of those precious follows?
With platforms like Pinterest and Instagram, where the content is mostly based on pictures with little to no commentary involved, how can you leverage that to your advantage?
Well, let a giant in the social media world help you out a little bit!
Enter Meet Sue B. Zimmerman, the #instagramexpert, founder of Insta-Results (the world’s first comprehensive online Instagram course), and author of the #1 e-book Instagram Basics for your Business. She’s a popular CreativeLive instructor, powerful speaker on prominent stages like Social Media Marketing World 15, and is a highly sought after business coach.
Sue is passionate about teaching entrepreneurs, business executives, and marketing professionals how to easily leverage the power of Instagram to get tangible business results. As a serial entrepreneur, Sue B. has started over 18 businesses, including her own boutique SueB Do, Boxer Rebellion and Sue B. Zimmerman Enterprise.
With her extensive knowledge in social media and 25-plus years of business experience, it’s Sue B.’s mission to teach, mentor and empower others to be highly successful entrepreneurs.
Now, put down that selfie stick and let’s get on with the show!
Here is a list of questions we discussed:
- How did you get started on social media, and then deciding to start on Instagram? (1:53)
- How did you land on Instagram? (3:35)
- Why should businesses think about using Instagram? (5:54)
- Is it a good strategy to share business oriented material as well as personal material on Instagram? (10:05)
- What are some strategies a business can use to provide valuable content to their audience? (14:22)
- What are some tips you would give on how to use hashtags? (17:57)
- Is it important to come up with a branding hashtag? (20:21)
- How many hashtags can you claim for free before there is a charge? (22:44)
- What is a crash tag? (23:06)
- Do you cross-promote your hashtags on twitter? (24:36)
- What makes a really good Instagram photo or post? (25:30)
- What tools do you recommend for Instagram? (28:35)
- How can people to stand out on Instagram? (30:53)
- Will videos become more important as Instagram matures? (32:22)
- Is Instagram a good place to connect with influential people or businesses? (33:50)
- Any advice for guys getting started on Instagram? (36:15)
Thanks For Watching And Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this week’s episode. Have questions or comments? Leave a message in the comment section below!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share it using the buttons at the top or bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Manly Pinterest Tips Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews mean a ton to podcasters and I would really appreciate it. They matter in how iTunes ranks the show and I honestly do read every one of them.
If you’d like to learn more about a certain topic or have something you’d like me to talk about during the show, feel free to contact me.
Thanks to Sue for being such a great guest. See you for the next episode where we’ll be adding testosterone, one pin at a time!