Nothing last forever, right?
Well, that’s true as far as Shannon Hernandez is concerned.
Shannon Hernandez, the guest on the August 28, 2014 edition of the Manly Pinterest Show, asks us to imagine a truly stark world where social media platforms emerge with great fanfare, only to disappear without notice – does MySpace ring any bells?
That’s no big deal if you use social media to share photos and exchange pleasantries with long lost friends; you can just move on to the next social media platform de jour. But if you generate a lot of business from, say, Pinterest, the thought of it vanishing is simply too horrible to consider.
Fear not, faithful entrepreneur! Because, while it is tough to ponder the burnt-over hellscape that is a world without your favorite social media platform,Shannon says there is hope: Email lists!
That’s right, the email list. Shannon says that old, trusted, reliable friend can help you pick up the pieces, remain relevant to your customer base, and continue to produce profitable leads.
And he would know. For years, Shannon has been wielding the power of the email list as the Digital Resource and Marketing Manager for Hernandez Family Law. Hernandez also is a Google Plus coach, where he excels at helping small businesses get noticed on a variety of social media platforms. He also is a daily on-air personality for KUPD in Phoenix while also producing podcasts.
Oh, and as we learn in this installment of the Manly Pinterest Show, Shannon holds a Masters Degree in Secondary Education and was once a high school English teacher.
Here is a list of questions we discussed:
- How did you get started in social media? (2:12)
- Why do I need to start an email list? (5:48)
- What’s the best way for a blogger to get readers to sign up to an email lists? (9:10)
- What can I offer that doesn’t take a lot of time to create? (12:36)
- How important are images and visuals to something you are offering? (16:20)
- How long can I run an offer or promotion? Is there a length of time the offer should run? Do limited-time offers do a better job of getting people to sign up to an email list? (21:20)
- What should someone look for when designing a landing page? (24:50)
- Where can you get good landing pages? (29:01)
- Now that you have an email list, what do I need to do to cultivate it? (29:45)
- What is the right frequency to send out email marketing? (34:39)
- How can a person find his or her own voice or writing style? (38:34)
- What was your biggest mistake you made when you first started email marketing? (41:24)
- What are your thoughts on cross-pollenating between different social media platforms? (43:08)
Thanks For Watching And Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this week’s episode. Have questions or comments? Leave a message in the comment section below!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share it using the buttons at the top or bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Manly Pinterest Tips Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews mean a ton to podcasters and I would really appreciate it. They matter in how iTunes ranks the show and I honestly do read every one of them.
If you’d like to learn more about a certain topic or have something you’d like me to talk about during the show, feel free to contact me.
Thanks to Shannon for being such a great guest. See you for the next episode where we’ll be adding testosterone, one pin at a time!