On this edition of The Manly Pinterest Tips Show, we had the pleasure of having Dustin Stout on the show with us. Dustin is a graphic designer who also provides consulting for social media, online strategy, and WordPress design.
Dustin and I discussed all things social media, including how he got into Pinterest, how he creates images for Pinterest, and his social media WordPress plugin called Social Warfare.
We talked about the importance of inspiration and emotions, as well as the many ways to start branding on Pinterest. Dustin even offered advice for up and coming men on Pinterest based on his own experiences.
Here is a list of questions we discussed:
- Could you give us a little background about yourself? [1:17]
- Are you a self-taught designer? [5:24]
- Why did you choose Google+? [8:32]
- What makes a good image? [12:21]
- How many times do you swap an image out after posting it because you changed your mind? [14:14]
- Where do you go to get inspired? [16:59]
- Why were you so resistant to Pinterest? [19:57]
- Why did you change your mind? [21:49]
- Is Pinterest your top social trafficker now? [24:28]
- What is the perfect Pinterest image size? [25:20]
- What’s the best way to brand on Pinterest? [27:10]
- Do you have anyone you recommend following? [29:13]
- What does Social Warfare do? [30:50]
- If I need Social Warfare for two sites, do I buy two licenses? [35:50]
- When you started using Pinterest what mistakes did you make? [37:00]
- Where can we find out more about you? [39:00]
Thanks For Watching And Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this week’s episode. Have questions or comments? Leave a message in the comment section below!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share it using the buttons at the top or bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Manly Pinterest Tips Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews mean a ton to podcasters and I would really appreciate it. They matter in how iTunes ranks the show and I honestly do read every one of them.
If you’d like to learn more about a certain topic or have something you’d like me to talk about during the show, feel free to contact me.
Thanks to Dustin for being such a great guest. See you for the next episode where we’ll be adding testosterone, one pin at a time!