This episode of “The Manly Pinterest Tips Show” addresses a topic that is undoubtedly on the minds of many people right now: the holidays. This is a busy season for many business owners. Business may increase dramatically at this time of year. In addition, many people like to take advantage of the holiday season to reach out and say thank you to customers and others who have offered them support. Is it possible to keep up with everything the season demands and still have time left to spend with family?
Thankfully, our guest this week has some experience with this. Peg Fitzpatrick has been on the show a few times, but she never seems to run out of practical suggestions for social media users. This week she weighs in on social media for the holidays.
Peg is the co-author of “The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users” with Guy Kawasaki. She has been seen on “Time,” “Huffington Post,” “Inc. Magazine,” and NPR’s “Tech Nation.” She runs social media campaigns for some of the top companies around and has spearheaded campaigns for Motorola, Audi, Google, Virgin, and more.
Peg tells us about some of the tools for content curation and scheduling that she has personally found to be useful. She talks about timing and when it is appropriate to start planning ahead for the holidays. (Hint: If you’ve waited until December it’s probably too late!) She also offers some ideas for taking advantage of the holidays to increase engagement and show some appreciation without being “salesy.”
Even if it’s too late to incorporate these great tips into your holiday plans for this year, you won’t want to miss this episode. After all, it’s never too early to begin planning out your strategy for the coming new year!
Here’s a list of questions we discussed:
- What are your thoughts about the new visual search tool for Pinterest? (1:47)
- I know you manage social media accounts for some big companies, and the internet does not take a holiday break. So how do you keep it going and balance time with your family? (9:14)
- Do you have a different strategy for each network? (10:57)
- Do you set up a new Feedly account for all of your clients? (17:09)
- How far ahead are you able to schedule stuff? (19:52)
- Should small businesses try to focus on just one platform? (20:58)
- How important do you think it is to dress up your social media accounts for the holidays? (24:49)
- I see a lot of blog posts and a lot of stuff on Pinterest about user generated content. How effective is that? (27:41)
- We have live video this year. How important is that for marketing during the holidays? (30:27)
- Do you think that next year it’s going to be all about engagement? (34:35)
- What ideas would you have for small business owners for live video? (37:52)
- Do you go back and look at your analytics from last year and see what worked for Christmas last year and then start planning for the holidays this year? (41:16)
- Do you think the new Facebook Live will actually help companies increase their engagement? (43:05)
- Where can we find out more about you and your services? (48:37)
Thanks For Watching And Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this week’s episode. Have questions or comments? Leave a message in the comment section below!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share it using the buttons at the top or bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Manly Pinterest Tips Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews mean a ton to podcasters and I would really appreciate it. They matter in how iTunes ranks the show and I honestly do read every one of them.
If you’d like to learn more about a certain topic or have something you’d like me to talk about during the show, feel free to contact me.
Thanks to Peg for being such great guests. See you for the next episode where we’ll be adding testosterone, one pin at a time!