On this episode of “The Manly Pinterest Tips Show” we stray a little from our usual subject of Pinterest and marketing to discuss the power of collaboration.
Our special guest is Anthony Witt, the founder and creator of “The Champion Entrepreneur.” Anthony is passionate about challenging limitations and converting weakness to strength. He’s got first hand experience in making this happen. Personally, Anthony has been blessed with the inability to properly take the written word and make sense of it in his mind (commonly known as dyslexia). By using the skill set that he has, Anthony has been able to find a way around his limitations, and he now successfully writes a blog and is writing a book on the subject of masterminds.
Anthony loves helping others find ways to overcome what holds them back. He has developed a keen sense of understanding and an ability to connect with people, which he uses to help them find their true calling. By focusing on strengths and not weaknesses, he has been able to analyze situations and develop practical and usable plans.
Masterminds are one way he suggests for collaborating with a group of likeminded people in order to find mutual accountability and motivation. According to Anthony, a mastermind group is “a group of individuals who have come together for an explicit purpose which they are actionably pursuing as a cohesive unit.” If that sounds like a mouthful, don’t worry! In this episode, Anthony breaks down the concept for us as he discusses how being part of a mastermind can help individuals with interests as varied as business, health, or self-improvement.
Whether you’re looking to take the mystery out of masterminds, are thinking of joining one, or are already part of one or more, Anthony can give you some inspiration as well as some food for thought.
Here’s a list of questions we discussed:
- Tell us a little about “The Champion Entrepreneur” podcast and how that’s changed your business. (2:53)
- You’ve been able to interview some great guests like Joe Puluzzi, Chris Brogan, Lou Mongello, John Lee Dumas… Has there been a common theme that you have noticed from all of these successful entrepreneurs? (5:23)
- Can you explain what a mastermind is to people who may not have heard of them before? (7:15)
- What’s the typical format for a mastermind group? Is there a standardized format that most people follow? (10:09)
- Is there a difference between a mastermind and group training? (13:29)
- How is a mastermind group different from a local networking group like BNI? (15:30)
- When is the best time to join a mastermind? (16:20)
- How do you find a mastermind? (17:54)
- What’s the difference between a paid vs. the free mastermind? (25:55)
- Is there a limit to how many you should be in? (28:50)
- Is it ok to create your own? How would you start doing that? (30:13)
- How long do masterminds last, and when should you leave if you know it’s not right for you? (33:27)
- You overcame dyslexia and kind of turned it into a positive. What lessons have you learned from that? (37:14)
- How do you keep your motivation high? (39:32)
- How can we keep the work/life balance? (41:50)
- Where can we find out about you and your services? (44:59)
Connect with Anthony here:
Thanks For Watching And Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this week’s episode. Have questions or comments? Leave a message in the comment section below!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share it using the buttons at the top or bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Manly Pinterest Tips Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews mean a ton to podcasters and I would really appreciate it. They matter in how iTunes ranks the show and I honestly do read every one of them.
If you’d like to learn more about a certain topic or have something you’d like me to talk about during the show, feel free to contact me.
Thanks to Anthony for being such a great guest. See you for the next episode where we’ll be adding testosterone, one pin at a time!