It’s a meeting of the beards on this week’s episode of The Manly Pinterest Tips Show as we discuss crushing it with Consistency with Ross Quintana.
That’s right, consistency. According to Ross, it’s one of the most important strategies to employ if you want to make connections and develop relationships on any social media platform.
Sounds easy enough, doesn’t it? So what’s the catch?
The truth is, it’s hard to wait. As amazing as it would be to see immediate, explosive growth in followers after a short time, you can’t expect that to happen any more than you could expect to walk out of the gym with perfect abs after only one workout. The tendency might be to give up, sometimes just short of the point where a strategy will start to pay off. Don’t let that happen to you! Ross explains that there is no magic secret sauce. The key is to put in the time and keep doing the little things that will lead to big results in the long term.
It’s certainly worked for him. With over 100,000 followers on Twitter, Ross knows how to grow an audience. He has experience in startups, business consulting, tech, advertising, real estate, training, coaching, writing, freelance, retail, restaurant, fitness, and sales. One thing that has helped him to be successful in diverse ventures is his talent for breaking a tool or process down to its component parts to see how it works and then devising innovative ways to use it.
Ross’s company, Social Magnets, helps people to grow influence and targeted audiences with social media management. Social Magnets also helps businesses create smarter strategies to tell their story, stand out, and grow their business.
Although Twitter is Ross’s platform of choice, his advice will work just as well on other social media platforms. If you want to know how to (in Ross’s words) “bypass the stupid and get to the smarter strategies” then he’s your man!
- Tell me a little about your background – how you got started on social media and how you eventually landed and focused on Twitter. (1:50)
- Why did you say you went into Twitter instead of Facebook or something like that? (4:12)
- Give us your explanation of what growth hacking is. (7:44)
- Why is consistency so important in social media? (14:30)
- What are some of your tips and tricks on growing an audience? (20:17)
- How do you get more engagement on Twitter? (25:38)
- Do you think Twitter only lends itself to a certain type of business? (33:15)
- What do you think – is this live streaming thing a flash in the pan, or do you think it’s something that will provide valuable information? (37:15)
- Periscope vs. Meerkat – what do you think is the better one? (41:32)
- How does Pinterest fit in to your marketing strategy, and how does it provide value to you and your customers?
- What advice would you give to guys who are just getting started on Pinterest?
- Where can we find out about you and your services?
Thanks For Watching And Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this week’s episode. Have questions or comments? Leave a message in the comment section below!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share it using the buttons at the top or bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Manly Pinterest Tips Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews mean a ton to podcasters and I would really appreciate it. They matter in how iTunes ranks the show and I honestly do read every one of them.
If you’d like to learn more about a certain topic or have something you’d like me to talk about during the show, feel free to contact me.
Thanks to Ross for being such a great guest. See you for the next episode where we’ll be adding testosterone, one pin at a time!