If this week’s episode of “The Manly Pinterest Tips Show” had a theme, it would be “work strategically.”
That’s easier said than done, right? Don’t panic- help is here! In his first ever appearance on the show, Ralph Rivera (programmer and web developer extraordinaire) is brimming with useful tips on how to make a plan, use the right tools, and work smart. Whether you’re interested in using Triberr to boost your online presence and build online relationships or are considering the possibility of launching your own podcast, Ralph’s advice is to look at all your options and see what fits.
And, just in case you had any doubts, he knows what he’s talking about. Ralph has been in the business of creative digital service since the late 1980’s- back when Power Point was still considered cutting edge. He began his career in special effects after studying film and broadcasting in college and leveraged his combination of creative and technical abilities into a career managing visual effects for businesses.
He is now the co owner and technical genius behind Web.Search.Social and Rahvalor Interactive (his wife, Carol Lynn, is his business partner). He keeps a team of programmers, coders, and developers on track building custom websites and applications. He is also CTO of Triberr, a social network for bloggers which, by the way, is currently poised to launch its next generation. In this week’s show, Ralph reveals some tantalizing details about how the new version will offer users better options and more control.
Ralph is also an educator, molding young minds as a teacher of web development at Manhattan College in New York City. He’s there for the older crowd as well, offering his experience and expertise to businesses as they strive to make sense of the world of online marketing.
When he’s not immersed in the world of web development and marketing, Ralph enjoys whiskey, playing the guitar, Halo, and good science fiction, though you may find yourself wondering where he finds any time to relax.
Here’s a list of questions we discussed:
- It sounds like you started as a coder or web programmer and moved to marketing. How did that happen? (1:48)
- How would you describe Triberr to somebody who has never heard about it before? (4:15)
- Do you have any sort of roll-out date or beta testing going on for the new generation of Triberr? (11:54)
- What is your podcast schedule like? (17:52)
- How has your podcast changed your business? (18:50)
- Do you think that a podcast is something every business should consider? (21:04)
- Have your goals for your podcast changed since it first launched? (29:14)
- You talked about creating a “social media hub.” What do you mean by that? (31:45)
- Is Zapier a free platform or is it a paid service? How does it work? (37:40)
- So it sounds like it’s going to take significant time to set up and get all the processes down, but once you’ve done it, the time you save starts compounding. Am I correct? (38:35)
- Do you have any advice for guys who are just starting out on Pinterest? (42:45)
Thanks For Watching And Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this week’s episode. Have questions or comments? Leave a message in the comment section below!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share it using the buttons at the top or bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Manly Pinterest Tips Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews mean a ton to podcasters and I would really appreciate it. They matter in how iTunes ranks the show and I honestly do read every one of them.
If you’d like to learn more about a certain topic or have something you’d like me to talk about during the show, feel free to contact me.
Thanks to Ralph for being such a great guest. See you for the next episode where we’ll be adding testosterone, one pin at a time!