What does it mean to be a creative entrepreneur? This question is a recurring theme in the latest episode of “The Manly Pinterest Tips Show.” Although we could spend considerable time arguing the semantics of the term, no matter what your personal definition is, you would probably agree that our guest this week fits the bill.
Meet Craig Carpenter, a creative entrepreneur whose tenacity and diverse talents in digital media have landed him projects with the most sought after brands, celebrities, and individuals. His love of anything media oriented began when he was a kid exploring the concept of stop-motion animation back in the days of the Amiga computer.
Since that time, Craig’s interests have led him to pursue careers as diverse as designer, animator, podcaster, and photographer. No matter what direction his career path has taken him, Craig has always judged his success in a particular venture on whether it allows him to find happiness and personal fulfillment and whether it fills his desire to contribute something unique and creative.
Although Craig admits that, to him, many of his business ventures could be more accurately described as “self-employment,” there’s no doubt that his latest brain child propels him into the world of creative entrepreneurship. Craig has recently developed the world’s first graphics automation platform called RELAY. This responsive platform goes beyond traditional design tools as the fastest, easiest way to create branded images for online marketing.
On this week’s episode, Craig shares some of the exciting features of RELAY. He also offers some of the personal insight that he’s gained in the building of his varied businesses.
When he’s not immersed in ones and zeroes, Craig enjoys playing and designing boardgames, writing electronic music, and watching documentaries, and he’s never been known to turn down a slice of pizza. Who knows, maybe one of these interests will inspire his next big venture!
Here’s a list of questions we discussed:
- Tell me a little about your background and how you ended up online and eventually doing a podcast, then deciding to launch RELAY? (2:20)
- You mentioned that you had to reinvent yourself. Talk about the importance of doing some self examination and reinventing yourself in the process. (6:28)
- One of the changes you made was going to a co-work space. How has that changed your process? (10:42)
- A theme that I’ve seen lately is the importance of community, whether it’s around a product or a brand. How has your community helped you to build and get RELAY off the ground?
- What does the word “entrepreneur” mean to you? (17:34)
- What’s the difference between passive income vs. scalable income? (20:17)
- Why did you pivot from your podcast to creating and launching RELAY? (21:48)
- What exactly does RELAY do, and how can it save time? (24:40)
- What is the difference between RELAY and Canva, PicMonkey, etc? (27:26)
- You mentioned an SEO feature. How does that work in RELAY? (31:40)
- Where can we find out more about you and your services? (40:10)
Thanks For Watching And Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this week’s episode. Have questions or comments? Leave a message in the comment section below!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share it using the buttons at the top or bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Manly Pinterest Tips Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews mean a ton to podcasters and I would really appreciate it. They matter in how iTunes ranks the show and I honestly do read every one of them.
If you’d like to learn more about a certain topic or have something you’d like me to talk about during the show, feel free to contact me.
Thanks to Craig for being such a great guest. See you for the next episode where we’ll be adding testosterone, one pin at a time!