Whether you’ve been blogging for quite a while now or you’ve just started the process of building your blog, you’re undoubtedly interested in how you can take your blog to the next level. Where can you find reliable tips to improve yourself as a blogger? This week’s guest on “The Manly Pinterest Tips Show” has what you’re looking for!
Meet Leslie Samuel, a former university professor and the creator of an interactive biology blog and “Become a Blogger,” a website which is a great resource for anyone interested in blogging. In his podcast, “Learning with Leslie,” he teaches solid lessons about how to build a blog that will have an impact in addition to interviewing other successful bloggers.
On the show, Leslie talks about the importance of consistency, as well as passion and engagement in providing value. He gives us tips on creating content, growing an audience, and building a successful business around a blog. He also discusses monetizing, visuals, and useful tools.
Leslie’s experiences have taught him that what we do online can open the door to lots of opportunities. His biology blog landed him his dream job as a university professor, which has increased his passion for letting the world know that blogging and podcasting is a force to be reckoned with. His mission is simple – create content, inspire others, and change the world while building a solid online business.
Here’s a list of questions we discussed:
- I want to know your story – how you came to be teaching people about blogging. (1:30)
- How did you get in this process? So you have “Become a Blogger,” and how did you get involved in Social Media Examiner? (6:10)
- What do you see as the biggest mistake people make when they first start blogging? (11:20)
- What do you tell people who are struggling with trying to put content out? Does it matter how often? (14:57)
- What do you tell people who are really struggling with coming up with ideas? (17:28)
- Can I really start making a living out of the gate by blogging? (20:50)
- A lot of people talk about monetizing the blog. When is the right time to monetize your blog? (23:25)
- I’ve always come to the idea about blogging that that’s my home base, I want everything to come back there. People are saying that’s not working anymore. What are your thoughts on that? (29:28)
- What about guest posting? Is it a great way for exposure? (32:00)
- What would you tell people that say, “I’m a great writer, but I stink at visuals”? (33:09)
- You mentioned to me that Pinterest is doing pretty well for you. Can you elaborate on that? (34:26)
- How can I get more organic traffic to my site? (35:49)
- What are some of your favorite tools? (43:48)
- Is there anything you use to optimize your images for your site? (46:50)
- Is there anything, like a platform you joined or a technique you started using, that ended up really pivoting your business? (48:41)
- Where can we find out more about you and your services? (51:56)
Thanks For Watching And Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this week’s episode. Have questions or comments? Leave a message in the comment section below!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share it using the buttons at the top or bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Manly Pinterest Tips Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews mean a ton to podcasters and I would really appreciate it. They matter in how iTunes ranks the show and I honestly do read every one of them.
If you’d like to learn more about a certain topic or have something you’d like me to talk about during the show, feel free to contact me.
Thanks to Leslie for being such a great guest. See you for the next episode where we’ll be adding testosterone, one pin at a time!