If you are trying to market a product or service, you may have realized what a valuable tool Pinterest can be to gain exposure and increase awareness of your brand. The fairly recent addition of promoted pins on Pinterest provides another way to take full advantage of this platform. Promoted pins are basically ads on Pinterest. They can raise awareness, boost engagement, and increase traffic to your website- all while maintaining an organic look and feel.
Maybe you’ve used promoted pins with some success, or maybe you’re just wondering if they’re right for you. Either way, you’ll want to check out this interview with Alisa Meredith.
Alisa is co-owner and chief strategist at Scalable Social Media and has years of experience working in social media and creating marketing strategies. She is a huge fan of Pinterest and spoke on the topic of promoted pins, at last month’s Social Media Examiner’s Social Success Summit.
Alisa fills us in on some of the rules of promoted pins, how to design effective pins, how to get approval for pins to landing pages, how to track your results, and much more. Near the end of the conversation, Ryan Hanley, author of “Content Warfare”, pops on to share some tips he’s learned from his experience with promoted pins.
Here’s a list of questions we discussed:
- What are promoted pins in a nutshell? (0:55)
- What are some of the rules for promoted pins? (2:41)
- Are there any rules on what you can link to? (5:16)
- Are there any best practices for selling products or ebooks or something like that with promoted pins? (7:45)
- So you were saying that you can run an ad to a single pin, but can you also run it to a board? (9:14)
- What kind of analytics do you have to see what is performing the best? (10:24)
- What are the prices for promoted pins, and is it going up? (15:40)
- Why do you think desk top is more expensive? (17:25) 9.Can you promote buyable pins yet? (18:05)
- Can you track promoted pins using UTM codes? (21:44)
- What are some best practices you use to set up your landing page from Pinterest? (25:13)
- How targeted can you be with promoted pins? (29:38)
- Is there a limit to the number of ads in your sidebar? (31:52)
- Are prices going up? Have you seen a big increase since you first started (35:12)
Thanks For Watching And Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this week’s episode. Have questions or comments? Leave a message in the comment section below!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share it using the buttons at the top or bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Manly Pinterest Tips Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews mean a ton to podcasters and I would really appreciate it. They matter in how iTunes ranks the show and I honestly do read every one of them.
If you’d like to learn more about a certain topic or have something you’d like me to talk about during the show, feel free to contact me.
Thanks to Alisa for being such great guests. See you for the next episode where we’ll be adding testosterone, one pin at a time!