On this episode of “The Manly Pinterest Tips Show” we discuss a tool that has the potential to revolutionize the way people use Pinterest. This new visual search tool allows the user to highlight an image within a pin, after which Pinterest will bring up visually similar images.
Vincent Ng, the “King of Pinterest search optimization,” joins us to explain more about this tool (originally named “Flashlight” in its testing phases) and also to discuss its implications for Pinterest users. Vincent is a Pinterest marketer and speaker and the founder of MCNG Marketing. He is a top 20 resource for becoming a Pinterest expert according to Heyo. He is also the author of “Pinterest to Profits with Pintalysis” and host of the “Pictures to Profits” podcast. He has written for amazing blogs like Social Media Examiner, Top Dog Social Media, and Tailwind. When he’s not immersed in Pinterest, you may find him reading Batman comics.
Vincent has spent some time experimenting with this tool since its recent launch, and he expects it to have an impact, especially in the field of e-commerce. He offers some advice on pinning strategies that will help business people take advantage of marketing opportunities presented by this new visual search tool, including the potential for partnerships and cross-promotion. Although he doesn’t expect it to generate much income for bloggers, he does point out some ways that they may also be able to use it to their advantage.
If you are a Pinterest user this is a discussion you won’t want to miss!
- What is the best place to follow you on Pinterest? (1:30)
- Explain to our viewers and listeners what this new tool is and what it does. (2:31)
- Why is this such a big deal? (3:54)
- Does the visual search tool work on desk top and mobile? (8:33)
- Is it available to everyone who has a Pinterest account? (9:39)
- What businesses do you think will benefit the most from this tool? (10:47)
- How can bloggers utilize this? (12:11)
- Should we format the pin images differently? (14:20)
- Do you think they will limit what you can upload? (15:32)
- Why do you think promoted pins won’t factor in? (17:20)
- What do you think of the suggested tags from the guided search that are popping up? (19:16)
- What are some downsides that you see to this visual search? (20:53)
- What about text recognition? Is there a reason for that to exist on Pinterest? (22:42)
- How can we optimize for this search tool? (24:54)
- What do you mean by “product placement exchanges,” and how can businesses use that? (28:56)
- Do you know why they won’t allow you to link to another pin? (32:10)
- Are hashtags recommended for Pinterest descriptions? (34:40)
- Where can people find you? (41:34)
Thanks For Watching And Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this week’s episode. Have questions or comments? Leave a message in the comment section below!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share it using the buttons at the top or bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Manly Pinterest Tips Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews mean a ton to podcasters and I would really appreciate it. They matter in how iTunes ranks the show and I honestly do read every one of them.
If you’d like to learn more about a certain topic or have something you’d like me to talk about during the show, feel free to contact me.
Thanks to Vincent for being such a great guest. See you for the next episode where we’ll be adding testosterone, one pin at a time!