On this edition of The Manly Pinterest Tips Show, we finally completed our meet up with Azure Collier – due to some technical difficulties during her first appearance, we were delighted when she agreed to come on again.
It definitely was worth the trouble.
Azure is chock-full of great information. As the content manager at Constant Contact, she gives us an inside look at the email marketing giant.
Azure went to Purdue University as well as Fitchburg State University, where she received a degree in communications and journalism, as well as in applied communications.
A jack of all trades, prior to working at Constant Contact Azure worked at two different universities for social media marketing, multimedia content creation, website management, and public relations. She also was a journalist in Indiana.
In this edition of the show, we got a chance to talk about the inner workings of Constant Contact and how they managed to scoop up a whopping 47,976 followers on Pinterest alone! We covered tips and tricks for getting more people into email campaigns as well as how to keep your content fresh and interesting!
Here is a list of questions we discussed:
- What is your backstory with social media? [1:35]
- When you first started did you see the opportunity in social media? [3:20]
- Who is Constant Contact? [4:39]
- Have the webinars changed the way your company works? [5:17]
- How does Constant Contact use Pinterest? [7:28]
- How often do you create new boards? [9:06]
- What does your typical Pinterest day look like? [11:00]
- What are your thoughts on commenting? [13:09]
- What is your strategy for growing your account? [14:07]
- What struggles have you over come? [17:22]
- Do you have an example of Marketing Fail Friday? [19:38]
- What’s your opinion on outdated information? [20:10]
- What is your advice for small businesses growing with Pinterest? [22:55]
- Do you believe that text sign up makes signing up easier? [24:27]
- How does Constant Content create Pinterest images? [25:27]
- Can you give some advice on special event boards? [27:21]
- What do you do with special event boards when the event ends? [28:32]
- Do you collaborate with your team on Pinterest? [29:19]
- What is your ratio of created content and repinned content? [30:28]
- Do you schedule more than you organic post? [31:36]
- Do you have an estimate of how many pins you do a day? [32:31]
- Do you guys have group boards? [32:41]
- Do you participate in other people’s group boards? [33:28]
- For small business owners with less time, what advice do you have? [35:00]
- Do you have any advice to guys just starting on Pinterest? [36:20]
- Where can we find out more about you and your services? [38:00]
Thanks For Watching And Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this week’s episode. Have questions or comments? Leave a message in the comment section below!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share it using the buttons at the top or bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Manly Pinterest Tips Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews mean a ton to podcasters and I would really appreciate it. They matter in how iTunes ranks the show and I honestly do read every one of them.
If you’d like to learn more about a certain topic or have something you’d like me to talk about during the show, feel free to contact me.
Thanks to Azure for being such a great guest. See you for the next episode where we’ll be adding testosterone, one pin at a time!